We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. Continue browsing if you accept our use of cookies or find out more about cookies and how to manage your settings.

To order call 01229 808228

DRAFT, WORK IN PROGRESS NOT TO BE POSTED

Open fire versus woodburning stove?  We are often asked what the differences are and which is best. What wood can be burned in each and how to get the best from a woodburning stove. 

During burning, 80% of the energy (heat) produced comes from the combustion of the gases released during the heating process.  The remaining 20% of heat produced comes from the burning out of the charcoal produced in the fire.

Open fires burn at between 200 and 500 degrees centrigrade.  They are around 35% efficient.

Stoves burn at between 600 - 700 degreeds centigrade.  They are 90% efficient or more.  They achieve this by introducing hot air above teh fuel which increases the temperature of the fire and hence the efficiency at which it burns.

  • BSL authorised
© Lakes Kiln Dried Logs 2016 - 2019. All rights reserved.
Lakes Kiln Dried Logs is a limited company registered in England and Wales 5735950, VAT Reg. No. 881500827. Registered Office: 53 Coronation Drive, Dalton-In-Furness, Cumbria, LA15 8QJ